A week has passed after I told myself that I will write something in my blog weekly. I skipped last week because I was totally have nothing to write or maybe there were so many ideas that pop into my head, I just don’t know how or where to start.
Until this morning…
I just realized that it’s already 2nd of July, half a year has gone pretty fast and as I look back from where and who I was before to where and who I am today – I am in no doubt, truly grateful.
It made me smile and felt stronger. Before, I used to be a worrier – anxious and disturbed. Worrying from what am I going to wear today to what will I be in the next 3, 4, 5 years to where will I end up at my 30s? Will I still be here? Or maybe somewhere else? Or will I ever get a better opportunity back in my home country? Things as such.
Look, this is not something a 23 year old should be thinking of – at least not at the moment cause you won’t call it a quarter-life crisis level. Or maybe I am already getting there and this is just a preparation, that’s why. Haha.
As I slowly open myself up to more opportunities and possibilities around me, I notice that each day I become stronger, bolder, even fiercer. I become better at handling difficult circumstances, even people (tell me something about that), I become more adaptive to changes and learn to go along well with it, I become more flexible and open-minded in terms of what else is there to learn, to develop, to experience, to explore.
True, we can’t avoid worrying, especially if we think negatively of something we’ve always wanted or aimed for or we aren’t confident enough of what we are actually doing or where we are heading. However, in fighting my worries, I came up with some factors on how to turn myself from being a “great worrier” into a “great warrior”.
Of course, I’d also like to take credits for some articles and write-ups that helped me compilethese “factors”. I alone wouldn’t come up with this blog if not for the things that I have read, which are truly helpful.
I know there are numerous of quotes or mantras to live by. Pick whichever works for you and stick with it.
In the meantime, I’d like to share with you five of mine:
- If you worry enough, it will eat up too much of your time until you don’t have time to think of the bright side anymore. As they say,”It’s all in the mind.” Think of happy thoughts and do something about whatever worries you.
- Focus only on the things that you can control. Like your thoughts, emotions, way of thinking, judgments and everything that lies within you. Whatever lies outside of you is not for you to be worried about. Go back to #1. 🙂
- Do something relevant to your dreams, aims and goals, skip those which are of no use – which is worrying itself.
- Be better. Yes, there may be people who won’t believe in you, who will reject you and your opinions, who will drag you down, who will doubt you. But other people’s opinion of who you are doesn’t determine who you really are. Do something that your future self will thank you for.
- Just go on. There might be tough circumstances, hindrances that might come along the way, but there shouldn’t be any excuses for you not to push through. As they say, ” Tough times don’t last, tough people do.”
I still have a lot in my pocket, but these five are the most common that I always think of whenever I worry too much.
Go your way, Warrior.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
I’d be glad to hear your thoughts too! 🙂
Come, share me some! ❤