While I was still staying in Thailand, we took advantage of discovering more of its tourist places.
To begin with, let’s discover and learn more about a little of its history by visiting Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, also known as The Ruins – which was attacked by Burmese army in 1767 who burned the city to the ground.
Going around Ayutthaya seems to be a bit hard. So, we have decided to join a group tour. After some research, we saw Canary Travel.
The current Tour Price is at THB900-1050 per person. But since we paid in full and in cash, we just paid THB750 per person. The tour is a full day city tour including lunch and a bottled water for each of us.
Itinerary is as below:
- Pick up/Meet up
- Departure from Bangkok to Ayutthaya or Ancient City.
- Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon. Which was built by King U Thong in 1357 for meditation.
- Ancient Palace and Wat Phra Si Samphet
- Vihan Phra Mongkol Bopit, one of the largest bronze Buddhas in Thailand.
- Wat Lokayasutha, the image of reclining Buddha.
- Lunch at restaurant en route. Thai food was served.
- Wat Phra Mahathat. Located in front of the Grand Palace.
- Last stop – the captivating Bang Pa Inn Summer Palace
- Return to Bangkok
- Arrive in Bangkok.
Remark: Itinerary Tour subject to change without prior notice.
Sharing you some photos of our full day Ayutthaya trip:
It was nice seeing and learning a bit of Thailand’s history. Hope you could also get a chance to more of its beauty!